A Guide to Preparing Your Home for a Stay-At-Home Summer
The official beginning of summer is just half a month away! Furthermore, this late spring, a greater amount of us will probably be remaining at home after CDC COVID-19 Guidelines. A full family unit implies you’ll be depending on your HVAC and plumbing more than expected to keep your family agreeable, safe, and solid. This is the reason you should ensure your home systems are fit as a fiddle and prepared for your San Diego Stay-cation!
Presently, before you run online to buy a variety of new pool inflatables or yard style (we’re taking a gander at you, scandalous grass little persons!), your companions at PIC Plumbing, and other Plumbing contractors in San Diego are here to help with a variety of mid-year prep tips that will set you up for progress!
To begin, we should discuss one of the most basic pieces to the property holder puzzle: your Air conditioning unit!
Schedule an AC Maintenance Appointment
At the point when you’re a property holder in San Diego, you may believe your Air conditioning unit to be your closest companion. Let’s be honest: it’s there for you on those somewhat blistering days just as those “scorchers” in the late spring. Nonetheless, in the event that you don’t keep up it appropriately, quite possibly it will quit working when you need it the most.
Before the primary authority day of summer shows up, it’s fundamental to plan an AC Tune-up and Safety Inspection. Doing this will guarantee that your Air conditioning unit is set up for progress (and won’t bomb out of the blue), keeping you and your family agreeable, and help keep up your unit’s guarantee.
At the point when you plan your yearly AC adjust, your master specialist will review it start to finish, including the following areas:
- Check fan rotation
- Test for proper airflow
- Inspect and clean condenser coil
- Examine AC installation quality
- The test temperature difference across the evaporator coil
- Inspect contact points
- Lubricate moving components
- Test all electrical connections/check voltage
- Clean and/or replace AC filter
- Test refrigerant pressure and temperature
- Conduct a visual check for Freon leaks
- Determine the temperature difference between supply and return air
- Check wiring from disconnect switch to AC unit
- Test for unusual noises, vibrations, odors, etc.
- Examine the overall equipment condition
Invest in a Water Filtration System
Nowadays, you’ll do anything in your power to ensure that your home’s amenities are stocked and safe for your family to use and consume, including your home’s water supply. While it may seem harmless to use, the water in Southern California is hard and can take a toll on your hair, nails, skin, and laundry.
Additionally, since most water is treated with chlorine or fluoride, it’s not wise to drink directly from the tap in your home. To correct the problem at hand, it’s best to consider a water filtration system for your home! Having this system installed in your home will:
- Eliminate the need for bottled water, since you can drink H2O directly from the tap.
- Provide you with soft water that is gentle on hair, skin, and nails.
- Protect your laundry, preserving your clothing from potential hard water damage.
- Increase the lifespan of your washer and dishwasher, as well as faucets and pipes.
If you wish to keep your house easy and comfortable, first of all, do the above-listed measures. Having clean water and a moderate temperature at home is the first priority for summers. Plumbing problems and others follow; Plumbing contractors in San Diego can do the complete job for you at cheap prices. Contact us today!