How to Use a Drain Snake and Backflow Prevention Device San Diego CA
To remove a mild clog, home remedies like baking soda and vinegar can work. But for a serious clog, you will need professional tools like drain snake and expertise to deal with them. Pic Plumbing offers a wide range of devices like drain snake and Backflow Prevention Device San Diego CA. If you plan to use a drain snake by yourself and want the best results, this blog is for you.
Plumbing the Depths: The Drain Snake
Drain snakes are cables that you send down the drainpipe to find the clog. You can clear the small clogs that can be removed by gently poking, but you have to drag the obstacle backward with an auger to discard them manually for giant clogs.
Types of Drain Snakes
The typical length of drain snake for regular home use is 20 to 50 feet long, and for industrial purposes, the size can reach up to 100 feet and above.
The necessary auger is not risky to use, but it’s not for use in toilets. The auger used for the bathroom is not much different from the required auger, but it comes with a protective sleeve to avoid porcelain damage.
Steps to Properly Use a Drain Snake
The suitable dimensions for a cable to use for household clog is 20 feet in length and 3/8-inch in diameter.
Here are the steps:
- Put on heavy-duty gloves and lay down a towel. Take two buckets, one in case of an exposed leak and the other for the clogged debris. Bring a flashlight to get a clear sight in the drain.
- Now, insert the cable in the drain from the auger’s side. It will be easier to control the line if you hold it within a 2-3 inch range from the drain’s entering position.
- Rotate the handle to extend the wire in the drainpipe. Bent in the pipe will show a little resistance, but the cable will be moving forward. Upon the cable’s interaction with the clog, resistance will be substantial, and you will keep pushing very slightly.
- Crank the handle to extend the cable a little more to enter the auger in the clog. Pull it a little back to hook the clog with the auger. Repeat this process until the clog gets flushed away or get hooked up with the auger.
- Crank the cable slowly to avoid any damage to the pipe and bring back the clog. After bringing up the hooked clog debris with the auger, empty this into a bucket. Repeat from step 2 till the complete removal of clog.
Exercise Caution around Drain Snakes
The drain snake’s use is not tricky, but you still need to be careful with the machine. The extended cable possesses a lot of recoil energy that can-do surprises thing.
Working With an Experienced San Diego Plumber
The plungers and chemicals are the primary options to remove the clog. The use of the drain come after these options fail to get the required results. If you are trying with a drain snake and not making enough progress, you might need to let experts handle it. Pic Plumbing provides the best service for different services like drain snake and Backflow Prevention Devices San Diego CA. You can always call us at (800)-275-0742 or fill out the contact details on our website so we can get in touch with you. If you ever encounter a plumbing related issue and need an expert’s opinion, then we’re just a call away—Trust Pic Plumbing for all of your plumbing needs.